Worship & Music Commission
Together with the Rector, the Worship team develops a variety of worship (including liturgy, preaching, and music) that is adaptable and that nourishes a diverse parish.
- Chair: Deborah Watson (contact)
Parish Family Life Commission
This commission’s focus is to provide support and love to the entire parish family.
- Chair: Hope Sayles (contact)
Christian Formation Commission
Our Christian Formation team’s goal is to work to create a dynamic, sustained, and accessible formation program for both children and adults. We are currently looking for a candidate to fill the chair position..
- Chair: Father Andrew Rutledge
Living Our Values Commission
- Creating a wide network to welcome social diversity, breadth of thought, past parishioners, and varying levels of participation in our area of influence.
- Becoming, as a parish, a high-profile leader in our area that will address issues of importance that will improve peoples’ lives.
- Chair: Sherrill Munn (contact)
This commission’s responsibility is to lead us in becoming, as a parish, a high-profile leader in our area that will address issues of importance that will improve peoples’ lives.
- Chair: Patti At Lee (contact)
Our Finance team guides us in managing our fiscal approach by realistically identifying the cost of an activity and the source of funds to accomplish it before committing and exploring alternatives to pledges/offerings, including: partnering with other parishes/cost-sharing; establishing reasonable set fees for services and use of facilities; and enhancing use of targeted fundraising for specific programs.
The Planned Giving Board falls under the Finance Commission and is responsible for:
- Advising the Vestry regarding the receipt and disposition of gifts to the Parish.
- Managing endowment funds established for long-term benefits to the ministries of the Parish and for major capital improvements to Parish facilities.
- Informing potential end-of-life donors of the Parish processes to facilitate and receive gifts and to ensure their use as directed by the donors. These may include, but are not limited t, one-time gifts, bequests, insurance benefits and 401K distributions.
- Chair: Ken McKenzie (contact)
Our Connections team seeks to create a wide network to welcome social diversity, breadth of thought, past parishioners, and varying levels of participation in our area of influence. In addition to generating a weekly bulletin and monthly newsletter, this also includes managing our presence on various online social sites, including: Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Chair: Deb Shupe (contact)
Under the leadership of the Property Warden, the Committee assists the Vestry to ensure that Parish facilities can appropriately support all activities of the Parish, including income-generation.
- Chair: Glenn Iona (contact)
The Cemetery Committee assists the Vestry in management of cemetery plots and making them.
- Chair: Bryan Dowell (contact)
Episcopal Church Women (ECW)
The ECW is a semi-autonomous organization of the Parish with a focus on enhancing the quality of Parish life.
- President: Deb Shupe (contact)
Calvert Arts Festival Committee
Under the auspices and oversight of the Vestry, the Calvert Arts Festival Committee organizes and manages an annual Festival on the Parish campus, with the proceeds allocated to Parish purposes designated by the Vestry. In recent years, those proceeds have been designated for charitable purposes, in coordination with the Giving Back Commission.
- Chair: Vacant